Thursday, January 24, 2008

Shark is lurking around..

19 Jan 2008 - I got one missed call from my student. It was late at night so i didn't return call. He called me again the next day. He have problems he said and need some money. Ok. We shall talk about it later tonight.
He said that his father owned money from a few Ah Long (Loan Shark)and was in dire state and need to become fugitive. Wow. It was quite some of money, All I can offer is little. I really felt the pain he endured because this is what happened to me before. Beside some money support, I do give him morale and advise to what should do. Help him to calculated all the cash flow and it really take a lot of effort to have things turn back around. He should take another part-time job too. His paycheck alone, is just a tiny part. He bare the responsibility not toward his father side but is to her mother and his siblings.
I've said to him he should have enough money to cushion him, his mum and siblings should there be another downfall. As this stuff happened before, the trend is it will happened again I said.
Some of his TKD member also lend him some money, even tough they know each other for bout 2 years ++. I explained to him to valued and cherish this, as this is what we called true friends that he found in TKD. Even his buddies were hesitate to get involved.
I do ask him to differentiate true friends and bad friends. I ask him who are there who visited you when you landed in hospital after a car accident. TKD friends he said. Wow... it really a long story I've said and explained to him....... Just too many to be said it all here.

All the best for him.
Cheers

P/S: For my student who read this, do ask me what lesson he learned. It is really a point for us to ponder. I guess I explain better in words than writting.

No comments:

MŸ SlideShow

Sponsors