Monday, January 14, 2008

The Bare Foot Monk Of Cameron Highland

July 27, 2006
The Bare Foot Monk Of Cameron Highland

I've tried to upload the photo but cannot. Hmm.. I wonder why. I've there photo posted in other blog http://aventham.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!EDF5E227CA06769B!339.entry

27/07/06 Thur 5.00 am -- I woke up to prepare my journey to see this Bare Foot Monk of Cameron Highland. The purpose is to take my mother to see this monk because she have have cancer. My brother and her girlfriend come along as well. Many news have been published in local newspaper that this monk have the ability to know wheather your sickness can be cure or not.

6.15 am -- We arrived at Bukit Raja and going down hill to take breakfast. Have cups of Milo and Wan Ton Mee ( not good ). The feeling is so nice having breakfast at 6.30 am at the 5000++ feet above sea level.. The cold air breeze were so nice. I've no idea where to find this monk so when I was about to ask a local people he direct me to go down to Brinchang ( I have not finished my question yet ). I guess the monk is really famous.

7.30 am -- We still cannot find the temple so again I ask the locals. Is quite unusual to see so many tour buses since it just a normal weekdays and not holiday. As I drive up to the temple I saw a monk and his apprientice performing the 1 step 1 " Kow Tow " ritual at the road side. I wonder it takes how long for him to arrived to the top in this speed.

7.45 am -- I arrived to the temple. There were so many people in the line and they bring along chairs, food, newspaper as well. Like goin for camping. Me and my brother we last in the line. It was very cloudy and I wonder if it will going to be rain. They went up to visits the temple and I was there alone with the crowd. I see many old folks, and parents with their sick child. I'm so touched because thier parent have make such effort just for the sake of their child.. ( Parent's Love )

8.15 -- It's start to rain. I ask my brother to take the umbrealla to my mother while I myself standing in the rain. Hoof.. It's very chilling cold and the wind was blowing... Wow.. Finally my brother came back with a new umbrealla ( RM 15 ). He ask me to go in car while he continue. It's raining hard but still every one is queing up.

9.15 -- The rain is slowing down but it cold here. Many old PoPo and Gong Gong were all wet... Haiz.. Nothing I can do. We were reminded by the temple's guide to be well mannened while in the que. If arguement erupted then the Monk will not attend to us, then all of us can go home. If everything goes well, the monk will come out early bout 10.00 am. Finally I saw the 1 step 1 "Kow Tow" monk arrive near the temple. He is wearing a piece of plain cloth ( Ka Sha ) and was all wet. His apprience have a cripple leg and have to walk with the walking stick yet both for them is still performing the ritual.. Astonishing !!!

12.45 pm -- The rain stop and it almost our turn to see the monk. The monk feet were reddish in colour. We were reminded that we cannot ask for 4 digits tips, good fortune or other things or the monk will just walk away if have people do so. Only good health. My mother ask about her nose cancer, her eyes, back bone pain... The monk replies... It will cured.. It will heal.. I ask about my pro long cough and nose bleeding.. it will cure.. it will heal... When my Bro turns he replies.. I let you cure... Our 7 hours wait end with just some words from the monk. Ha Ha Ha.... Well it is all WORTH it for my mother sake ...

1.15 pm -- As we goin down hill there is still so many people in the que and more and more are coming... We went to a local restaurant for some economy rice.. Wow.. My plate of rice with 1 meat and 2 vege cost me RM 6.50.. My mum's plate cost RM 4.80 wif 1 meat 1 vege and the record breaker goes to my Bro with 2 meat 2 Vege at RM 9.50... Wa lala.. This is the most expensive economy rice we ever have... I wonder since when the Economy Rice starts to go No Economy ??

1.45 pm -- We make a tour around Cameron and buy a lots of Vege.. We spend about RM 100++ on vege.. Even the car bonnet are full and cannot accomodate any more..

4.00 pm -- Time to go home.. Really sleepy.. What a Day to be REMEMBERED !!!

No comments:

MŸ SlideShow

Sponsors